Drumroll Please; It's a 90th Birthday Party!
A special someone is celebrating their ninetieth and this achievement deserves a memorable celebration honoring a lifetime of accomplishments with close friends and family! So, where do you begin compiling 90 years of life into a milestone 90th celebration? We've got party ideas and tips to help your ninetieth planning get underway!
Choose the Right Location for a Ninetieth Birthday Party!
Most likely a ninetieth celebration will require a venue outside your own home to accommodate the guest list. If your birthday guy or gal requires special accommodations such as a wheel chair ramp, you will want to consider these needs when booking the venue. Establish the guest list and consider the physical condition of your party guests as well. Chances are, there will be many elderly folks attending the party. Consider the number of stairs a person may have to climb, the distance between the parking lot and the building, and whether or not your venue can accommodate walkers and wheel chairs if necessary.
Select 90th Birthday Party Supplies that Suits their Personality!
Once you’ve chosen the perfect venue, then it's time to choose a 90th birthday party theme and coordinating party supplies and decorations. Consider the personality of the birthday guest of honor and try to choose a theme that fits their style. Maybe she loved to garden in her younger years? Or, he still enjoys watching a favorite sport on TV? The birthday party supplies could center on the number 90 as well as an interest that reflects something about the birthday honoree. Once a 90th birthday theme is chosen, it becomes easy to select a color scheme for all your party supplies and decorations.
Ninetieth Birthday Party Decorations :
Reaching ninety is such an achievement, our party planners suggest going all out on your party decorations to create a happy, cheerful atmosphere that will be remembered by all. Here are some of our favorite suggestions for decorations that are simple to display and won't break the budget:
- Install a colorful yard sign at the location of the ninetieth birthday event.
- Wrap the entryway door(s) in colorful wrapping paper that coordinates with the 90th theme. Embellish with extra wide ribbon, a large bow and a tag that reads “Happy 90th!”
- Cover the ceiling by twisting two colors of streamers together and position in rows. Or, if the ceiling is high, purchase or rent a helium tank from your local party center and float a multitude of latex balloons on the ceiling during the 90th celebration. Attach long strands of ribbon so the balloons can be easily retrieved for cleanup purposes.
- Dress your event tables in colorful layers from your 90th birthday theme. Drape tablecloths and runners in contrasting colors, add a sprinkle of confetti and a colorful party centerpiece. Once the table is dressed, add your 90th theme supplies like party plates, cups and birthday napkins to complete the look.
- Craft an eclectic 90th birthday decoration garland using your home computer! Print out multiple images of the number 90 in a coordinating color to the ninetieth birthday party supplies. Cut the number out and laminate it. Punch 2 holes in the top to weave a colorful ribbon through. Alternate the number 90 with dessert plates from your theme and letters that spell “Happy 90th Birthday!” also printed, cut out and laminated.
Keep the Crowd Entertained with Fun Activities at a 90th Birthday Party!
- Play a trivia game: "All About the 90th Birthday Person!"Make up a list of questions about your guest of honor turning ninety. Provide a pencil and paper to the participating players and have them write down their answers. Whoever answers the most questions correctly wins the game and receives a nice prize.
- Seize the moment with a family photo! A ninetieth milestone will most likely be a special occasion that draws the majority of family members together. Capitalize on the moment by hiring a professional photographer to capture a family photo that will be appreciated for generations to come!
Send Guests Home with 90th Birthday Party Favors!
All guests like to know they are appreciated and here are just a few ways to accomplish that:
- Personalized favors like mint tins or candy jars.
- Small framed photo of the birthday guest of honor.
- Popular candy or treat from ninety years ago!