Host A 95th Birthday Party For The Ages!
"You know you are getting old when the candles cost more than the cake." - Bob Hope
Show that life is great at any age, but especially a 95th birthday! Shop our selection of ninety-fifth birthday party decorations, organized by theme. Our 95th birthday party designs includes tableware supplies, including plates, napkins, cups and tablecovers, and birthday party decorations, like banners, garlands, cutouts and metallic balloons. Round out your ninety-fifth birthday party decorations with our solid color party accessories, such as streamers, balloons, confetti, tissue paper fans and balls, as well as cutlery for food service.
Party Planning Tips and Ideas for a 95th Birthday Party
Living nearly a century, reaching 95 years young is a celebration in itself, so plan something special for the ninety-fifth birthday honoree. For a 95th birthday party, celebrate their wealth of life experiences and all the lives of those they have touched. Create a party of sentimental moments that celebrates a long life lived!
Decide What Type of Birthday Party is Appropriate for the Ninety-Fifth Birthday Honoree:
When in the early planning stages of the ninety-fifth party, base the location, number of guests, activities and menu around the physical and mental capabilities of the 95th birthday honoree. Questions to consider:
- Are they mobile?
- Do they live independently, in assisted living, or in a nursing home?
- Are they able to travel from their living environment to another location?
- Do they tire easily or become easily agitated or confused by larger groups or loud noise?
- Do you need to accommodate any medical equipment, such as a wheelchair, oxygen machine, etc.?
If there are any medical issues or concerns, you can also discuss options with their doctor or caretaker to ascertain which are suitable. Once you have addressed these issues, you can begin outlining the basics for the ninety-fifth celebration, such as the location, guest list, decorations, activities, food and menu.
95th Birthday Party Supplies and Decorations:
To get started planning your 95th birthday party decorations, select a theme or color palette. A party does not necessarily need a theme, but deciding on a color palette will bring cohesion to your ninety-fifth birthday party decorations. Some ideas to incorporate into the 95th birthday celebration:
- For a 95th birthday party centerpiece, tie a colorful balloon bouquet to a balloon weight that matches your ninety-fifth birthday color palette. Combine 95th birthday metallic balloons with a mix of our solid color latex balloons for a festive party decoration! Place multiple balloon bouquets down the center of banquet tables or if using round tables, one balloon bouquet in each table’s center. The bouquets can also anchor either end of a buffet or cake table.
- A unique 95th birthday party decoration idea is to utilize decorative frames in colors that compliment your ninety-fifth birthday party décor. Print out a reflective quotation and place it either inside or next to a frame that holds a personal photo of the 95th birthday celebrant. Place the frames around the party room for guests to enjoy. Here are some quotations that we think are fitting for a 95th birthday:
The older the fiddler, the sweeter the tune. - English Proverb
Happiness is good health and a bad memory. - Ingrid Bergman
Youth is the gift of nature, but age is the work of art. - Garson Kanin
It's sad to grow old, but nice to ripen. - Brigitte Bardot
And for those 95 year olds who can find humor in their birthday:
I remember when the candle shop burned down. Everyone stood around singing ‘Happy Birthday’ – Steven Wright
You know you are getting old when you get one candle on the cake. It’s like, “See if you can blow this out!” – Jerry Seinfeld
To find quotations that reflect the special 95 year old in your life, do a google search for “birthday quotations” and you will find a large variety to choose from.
- Other fun 95th birthday party supplies for the ninety-fifth birthday party are paper lanterns as well as tissue paper balls and fans. Decorating with paper lanterns is a very easy way to add color and creativity to large areas with little effort and expense. Use different sizes and hang them at varying heights to create vertical interest. Tissue paper balls and fans can be utilized the same way. Lots of impact with minimal effort or cost!
- Another budget-friendly 95th birthday party decoration is streamers! Streamers come in a host of colors and there are many creative ways to use them; drape them across ceilings, wrap them around columns and banisters, decorate table edges, or hang lengths in a doorway to create a curtain!
- You can also incorporate themed 95th birthday party decorations such as banners, garlands and hanging cutouts. Giant party banners can be hung at the party’s entrance. Smaller banners can be hung behind the cake or buffet table and cutouts from ceilings and doorways.
- Select 95th party supplies for the cake service and food. You can use ninety-five themed tableware, or select from our large selection of solid colored party supplies. We have dessert and dinner sized plates, beverage and lunch napkins, beverage cups and table covers in almost any color you can think of!
Create a Sentimental Ninety-Fifth Birthday Party:
A birthday party activity that everyone can enjoy together is a slide presentation filled with pictures of the 95th birthday honoree throughout their life. Gather pictures from friends and family well ahead of the party and use them to compile a sentimental slide show set to the 95th birthday celebrant’s favorite music. Try to include photos of friends and family with the guest of honor.
Another very thoughtful idea, to celebrate a loved one’s 95th birthday, is to have friends and family mail a postcard to them around the time of their birthday. This is an especially nice gesture if they are not fortunate to have visitors on a regular basis. Enclose, in an envelope, a pre-addressed, pre-stamped postcard, along with instructions asking people to write a special memory, thought, poem, or anecdote for the 95th birthday celebrant. Send the postcards 3-4 weeks before the birthday to family members, friends, neighbors, care givers, etc., so they have ample time to get it sent back. It is especially sentimental when grandchildren and great grandchildren fill out a postcard! Ask that the postcards be mailed back to arrive around the day of the birthday. What a lovely surprise for them to read all the postcards from their loved ones.
Through the Years 95th Birthday Cake
Show how they have changed over their lifetime! Collect a photograph of the ninety-fifth birthday honoree from their childhood and a current image of them now. Take the photos to a bakery or find an internet retailer that can scan the photos and make edible cake topper images. Have the cake decorated with the words, “Through the Years” and a “Happy 95th Birthday” message and decorate the cake in colors that match your ninety-fifth party decorations.