Wedding Anniversary Party Favors For A Very Special Occasion
Anniversary party favors are the perfect complement to a meaningful celebration and a classy way for everyone to share in the couple’s joy. Good hosts always take the budget into consideration but a savvy host knows that presentation will make any gift more inviting and personal. Customizing a tag on a gift is a small gesture that sends a big message of caring. Taking the time to coordinate a ribbon with the theme or arrange anniversary favors in a pleasing manner are all actions that show a hostess wants to make a good impression for the lucky couple and thank guests for joining the celebration.
Anniversary Party Favors Are Fun To Coordinate With A Theme
If the wedding anniversary festivities are for a milestone year, then it is traditional and fun to use party decorations in the color associated with that year. For 25 years together, silver can be the main color or a prominent accent color. For 50 years of bliss, gold is the tradition. A ruby color has become popular for a 40th anniversary. There is no rule that says you have to follow these color schemes but it is easier to find products linked with the colors as well as wedding anniversary party favors that are embellished with the number of years together. Here are some fun ideas to try:
- Little charms shaped like the number 25 or 50 are popular attached to anniversary party favors like bottle stoppers, bottle openers, candle holders, key chains or bookmarks. Write the number of years together on homemade tags and attach them to favor bags filled with delicious candy. Cut giant numbers from colored tag board, place in the middle of a table and sprinkle with sparkling confetti. Play up the silver or gold with serving dishes and vases in those colors.
- Couples celebrating a 50th anniversary may be retired and love to travel. Extend the theme of travel to your wedding anniversary favors. Present each guest with a special 50th anniversary bookmark and give a travel book to the couple along with their bookmark. Or, wrap up a bottle stopper favor with a favorite bottle of champagne to give as a bon voyage gift. Include a memory card for their camera so they will have plenty of room for pictures from their travels.
- A heart is symbolic of love so choose or make wedding anniversary party favors that have heart shapes. Beautiful etched glass coasters, heart shaped wine glass charms, candle holders embellished with hearts, and shiny heart confetti are all perfect. If you are a hostess that loves crafts, sew little heart sachets, make a heart wreath from corks or just bake yummy heart shaped cookies. Anything that symbolizes the couple’s enduring love will be perfect!
- Couples from successful marriages are always asked “What is your secret?” Interview the couple and write down their suggestions. Use an anniversary party favor photo frame to display some of these suggestions at the celebration and let guests take a frame home when the party is over. Write some of those quotes in a scrapbook with photos of the married couple as a gift. Get friends and family to help with this meaningful project.
Presenting Wedding Anniversary Party Favors
Gone are the days of simply passing out gifts to guests. Get creative and try some of our favorite ways to present anniversary party favors to attendees. These ideas are appropriate for all manner of celebrations.
- Make a favor tree. Gather branches and plant them in a large pot. Hang wrapped favors from the tree for guests to pick.
- Line a large wicker basket with a pretty cloth that coordinates with the celebration. Fill the basket with favor items and personally thank guests as you pass them out.
- Set up a small table near the entrance/exit that is decorated to coordinate with the theme. Set wedding anniversary favors on tiered cupcake holders or on wrapped boxes of different heights. Sprinkle confetti on the tabletop and hang streamers or a banner from the table edge.
- Tie individual favors to the dinner napkin at a sit down meal. Guests always love a little surprise and it enhances meal time.
- Make finding the anniversary party favors fun and challenging. Hide a clue inside a balloon before you inflate it with helium. Guests must pop the balloon and follow the clue to find their goody. This is fun for all ages!