Score One For The Team with Baseball Party Decorations
Dust off the pitcher's mound and stock up on all the baseball party decorations you can find! Hang gloves, balls, bats, jerseys and other items from fences, doors, trees, etc. For a birthday party hang a party banner across the doorway or make your own sign that says, "Welcome to (name of child) Field". Use cutouts from the Baseball party supplies and punch a hole in the top to make hanging party decoration. Make a poster of a starting lineup with every child's name and their jersey number, if they have one. As they arrive mark off their name or use the board as a checklist for birthday party games. Whether it is a child's birthday, end of season party or an awards banquet make sure to snap a team photo and send each child a copy tucked inside their thank you note. You will be batting a 1000 with these baseball party decorations!
Step Up to Bat with these Out of the Ballpark Baseball Party Food Ideas!
Go traditional all the way and there will be no strikes for your baseball party. Serve up stress free foods that you would find at the stadium. There is no need to skimp on nutrition—just pitch in some fresh fruits and vegetables along with other ballpark fare and you are ready to play ball:
- Hot dogs or hamburgers with all the fixings
- Nachos with some gooey melted cheese
- Hot soft pretzels
- Potato chips
- Peanuts in the shell and caramel popcorn
- Soda, Gatorade, lemonade or even milk
Hit A Home Run with These Baseball Theme Desserts
- Make a baseball shaped cake. Pour cake batter into a round Pyrex bowl, bake a little longer than usual and turn upside down on a plate. Decorate with white frosting and add red licorice or red icing as stitching. A perfect dessert for an awards banquet, Little League baseball party or a baseball birthday!
- For baseball party cupcakes decorate with white frosting and add red M&M’s on top to create stitches. Or arrange chocolate frosted cupcakes on a platter in the shape of a baseball mitt. Add a decorated cupcake in the center or palm of the mitt. Buy Baseball cupcake picks and wraps with your baseball party supplies to decorate the goodies.
- For baseball party decorations that score with the hungry fans make up a batch or two of cake pops and decorate to look like baseballs.
- Why not hit it out of the park with delicious home run sundaes! Dish up ice cream and let the Little Leaguers decorate their scoops with an assortment of goodies: candy sprinkles, nonpareils, chopped nuts, mini chocolate chips and chocolate, caramel or strawberry syrup. Top it off with a swirl of whipped cream and they are ready for the grand slam!
Set Up the Double Play With Baseball Party Games
Any number of party games can be tailored to the baseball party theme, just use your imagination and you'll be playing extra innings. Look through baseball party supplies for favors and prizes to present to game players and winners: baseball cards, team pennants, sticker sheets, tattoos, baseball bat pens, etc. Set up the baseball diamond like a carnival and have plenty of games to keep the little sluggers occupied. Party game ideas might include “Pin the Ball on the Ball Field”, a "Baseball on the Spoon Relay" or any game where the kids throw a ball at a target. You’ll score every inning with your games!