Wedding Shower Favors for a Very Special Celebration:
Wedding shower favors can vary in both type and price in accordance with the wishes and desires of the hostess and bride-to-be and what fits into the budget. Guests might receive a simple and inexpensive favor, such as a personalized mint tin, maybe a gift bag filled with a handful of small trinkets and candy, or something more extravagant, such as a basket filled with all sorts of goodies and fun surprises! As a generous hostess, you want to give your guests a token of appreciation for attending the celebration (and bringing a gift). And, unlike a favors for a wedding, you typically can get more creative with the wedding shower favors presentation since they will be given to a much smaller crowd.
The hostess has the option to make the bridal shower favors herself, buy them, or use a combination of the two for a unique gift idea. The main factors in deciding what type of bridal shower favors to use depend on the budget, the longevity of the favor, such as something edible, and the time allotted for the task (for making and/or getting the presentation ready). A typical party favor budget is computed by allotting a specific percentage of the overall event budget to favors. Traditionally, this type of celebration would allow for 20% of the overall budget to cover bridal shower favors, but it is flexible, depending on what works best for the hostess.
Coordinate The Bridal Shower Favors To Fit Your Theme :
It is popular to plan the wedding shower around a certain theme, which can range from an all lingerie theme to an around-the-clock theme, and anywhere in between! Get creative and plan the wedding shower favors to fit the theme of the celebration!
Bridal Shower Favor Ideas :
Once a theme is decided, select a wedding shower favor that coordinates. Here are some possible wedding shower favor ideas:
- What's Baking in the Kitchen?: ask guests to stock her kitchen with cookware or baking essentials. Wedding shower favors could include mini cheese graters, measuring spoons, ice cream scoops or cookie cutters.
- Pampering Spa Party: ask guests to pamper her with favorite beauty items. Bridal shower favors can include manicure kits, scented soaps and lotions, lip balm, bath salts and compact mirrors.
- Oh La La Lingerie: ask guests to build her boudoir wardrobe with lace and frills and in return provide your guests with a scented sachet or silk pillowcases, or curio and trinket boxes.
- Cocktail Happy Hour: ask guests to stock her bar with wine and cocktail glasses, bottles of wine and spirits, cocktail shakers and accessories, and guest’s favorite cocktail recipes. Wedding shower favors for this type of shower can include wine bottle openers and bottle stoppers or wine charms.
- What's Growing in the Garden: for the bride that has a green thumb! Tie your wedding shower favor into the theme by creating mini herb gardens for each guest to take home! In a clay pot, plant commonly used herbs including basil, oregano, parsley or thyme. Attach a signature recipe card to each container with a recipe for each herb that has been planted. An alternative idea could also be a pair garden gloves and a nice hand cream.
- Bon Voyage: for a bride that is planning a destination wedding, or loves to travel, ask guests to say bon voyage with gifts of luggage, travel journals and books, photo albums, and other travel-related items. Themed favors for the wedding shower can include luggage tags and personalized sunscreen!
- Tea Time: Having a ladies' luncheon? Continue the theme with delicate teacups filled with packets of tea for guests to enjoy when the shower is over!