PartyPail Tip: Selecting A Bridal Shower Theme
Baby Shower Themes make planning a baby shower easier, less stressful, and will create a more memorable event.
Bridal Shower Themes make hosting and planning a Bridal shower easier, with less stress, and more fun.
There are a wide variety of Bridal shower themes to choose from, so selecting a theme can help guide you to the perfect event. There are a number of things to think about when you select a theme for your bridal shower including::
- Do you go co-ed? More bridal showers are including the grooms to be and “significant others” of the guests these days.
- Are you looking for a traditionally themed event?
- Are you holding it at home, at a restaurant, at a spa? What bridal shower theme works best in your setting?
- Are you trying to match a decorating theme for the wedding?
- If you are holding this at work, is this theme appropriate for the workplace?
The choices available are way beyond what your mother or aunt probably had to encounter. All these new possibilities create an opportunity to find a bridal shower theme that perfectly fits the style and needs of the bride to-be (and possibly the groom-to-be also.)
To make your decision easier, PartyPail recommends that you begin by giving some thought to the style of the bride-to-be. Match the theme and decorations to her personality. OK, that isn't always as easy as it sounds. But it's very likely she'll fit generally into one of a few categories, and you can narrow it down from there:
- The Modern Bride – something edgy, modern, and fun.
- The Traditional Bride – think floral, pinks, & whites
- The 2nd Time Bride – think unusual & fun.
When you consider themes, there are a number of elements that you can consider to tie in. What is the location of the wedding and/or honeymoon? Will a Island or Tropical destination be in store? Consider a Luau type theme for these situations.
Are you trying to host a shower where all the guests bring a “themed” gift? The most popular are the Lingerie Shower, and the Kitchen Shower. Both give the guests lots of choices of items to bring, and there are great decorating ideas on our website for these types of showers.
Is the shower also serving as a Bachelorette Party? If so, the rules of what goes changes quite a bit. Think about a theme that can be mobile as the party moves from location to location.
And one more thing. Be aware of your own style — especially if it's not the same as the bride-to-be's. As the host, you need to be comfortable with the theme. The more you love the shower, the more it will show and the more the guest of honor will see your sincerity.