Solid Color Curling Ribbon in 75' lengths to match all our party themes.
Available in 20+ colors, perfect to compliment your decorations and party supplies for your event. Check out some great tips & ideas at the bottom of the page - our party planners have come up with some great ideas on how to turn ordinary curl ribbon into a special party decoration.
Curling Ribbon Tips and Decorating Ideas:
Commonly used for gift wrapping, curling ribbon is an affordable way to add pizzazz to any gift; but there are other ways to utilize curling ribbon, too. Available in a wide variety of colors, easily obtainable, and priced affordably, consider incorporating curling ribbon into your room decorations! We offer a large selection of colors; each color coordinates with several of our themed first birthday party table and room decorations. Our professional party consultants have made color recommendations for each first birthday party design that will enhance that theme’s color scheme. Simply view each theme’s product page to view which colors we’ve selected. We’ve also included some basic tips and ideas for you to consider for your next party.
By curling the ribbon, you turn a flat ribbon into a bouncy coiled one, immediately adding liveliness to a package or anything it is attached to. Not only can curling ribbon form interesting shapes, it can be also be used for party decorations. To curl a piece of ribbon:
- Cut desired length of curling ribbon.
- Find the natural curl of the ribbon; examine which side is dull and which side is shiny.
- Grasp the ribbon at one end between the forefinger and the thumb (if you're right handed, place the ribbon in your left hand, and vice versa if you're left handed). Keep the dull side of the curling ribbon facing downward (toward the ground).
- Open the scissors with other hand. Contrary to what you'd normally do with scissors, hold the scissors upward, with the blade facing up and open. Wrap your fingers around the middle of the blades and handles with your thumb along the non-sharpened side of one blade edge.
- Press the blade firmly against the dull underside of the ribbon with your thumb.
- Pull the ribbon across the scissors blade while continuing to press with your thumb.
- Release the ribbon from the scissors blade.
Curling Ribbon Pom Poms!
Make cheerleader-style pom-poms that can be given to each child as part of a game, to wear as a wig, or use them to decorate your party room.
- Cut several strands of ribbon in your party’s color theme. Gather the ribbons together into large bundles.
- Measure 4 inches from the ribbon bundle's end. Wrap tape twice around the 4-inch mark. Wrap the tape in a spiral so that the tape overlaps all of the ribbons to their ends. Wrap your tape two to three times around the end until the ends are covered and the 'handle' feels secure.
- Hold the pom pom at the top of its handle and pinch a piece of ribbon securely between your fingers.
- Place the scissor's edge against the ribbon and pull it down the ribbon evenly to make a curl. Repeat this step for every piece of ribbon in the pom pom.
Make a Favor Tree!
A fun way to display the party favors for your guests, the Favor Tree is a quick and easy craft that will add originality and color to your décor.
- Take a small tree form, or a 2-foot-tall branch that looks like a tree, and spray paint the branch to coordinate with your party colors.
- Wrap an 8-inch square cardboard box in wrapping paper (lid removed); line the inside of the box with a lining paper, like waxed paper.
- Create a mix of plaster of Paris.
- Stand up your tree in the box and fill the bottom of the box with the plaster. Hold the tree for five minutes until the plaster hardens.
- Arrange streamers made from curled ribbon at the base of the tree to cover the plaster.
- Place party favors in small gift boxes and decorate the boxes with curled ribbons.
- Tie a strand of ribbon into a loop and attach it to a gift box. Hang the box onto the tree. Do this for every gift box. Allow each guest to select a box from the tree at the end of the party.
Make Curly Ribbon Hair Bows!
Make colorful hair bows for barrettes. What a fun party favor for your young guests! The bows can be made in colors to match your theme or any outfit and are a fun accessory for little girls!
- Cut 12-inch lengths of curling ribbon. The number of pieces you will need depends on the size of the barrette. A three-inch long barrette requires about 20 lengths.
- Tie lengths of ribbon to barrette. Open the barrette and tightly tie lengths of ribbon onto the part of the barrette that will face outward. Tie each piece in a knot.
- Push sections of ribbon together to cover the barrette.
- Place the blade of an open scissor on the side of a piece of ribbon that naturally curls up. Run the scissor blade along the ribbon section to curl tightly. Curl each length of ribbon until all lengths are curled.