Lay down your hand for a fun-filled, casino-style Card Night birthday party!
Bring the excitement of Las Vegas to your own poker party, Bridge night, or birthday party where playing cards is the main event with the Card Night party theme! Casino themed card parties are entertaining for everyone. The theme's design fits a variety of card games. Card games can be adopted for different age groups; Old Maid and Go Fish are great kid-friendly card games that will entertain the younger kids, and for the adults, Poker, Pinochle, Rummy, Blackjack, Spades and Hearts!
The Card Night theme incorporates the four suits; red diamonds and hearts, and black spades and clubs in its design and with the basic color palette of black, red, and white, it's simple and easy to incorporate fun party decorations and food and drink selections to recreate the excitement of a Las Vegas casino-style celebration! Stack the deck in your favor with these fun Card Night birthday party ideas!
- Make a playing card garland. Purchase decks of playing cards and string them together by gluing the backside of each to a strand of colored ribbon. Alternately, you could punch a hole at the top of the card and string the ribbon through to connect the garland. Decorate the party's entrance, ceilings, on the front of the buffet and cake table, or use as a backdrop decoration.
- Make a playing card table runner. Lay cards upside down on the top of the table (making sure they are laying in the same direction) and touching edge to edge. Make the table runner as wide and as long as needed. Apply pieces of scotch tape to the backside edges of the cards so that all cards’ sides are taped together. Carefully turn the table runner right side up to display! For the poker fans, hide a royal flush somewhere along the table runner, and give a special prize to the guest who chose the seat closest to the winning hand!
- Sprinkle dice on table tops for a unique Las Vegas twist on confetti!
- Bake rectangular shaped sugar cookies. Cover with white frosting and then use a frosting deco pen to draw card detailing onto each cookie, like an Ace of Spades in black or a red 8 of Hearts!
- Bake and frost cupcakes and then top them with a playing card that has been glued to a red, black or white plastic skewer.
- Incorporate candies to coordinate with the Card Night colors; set out containers of red and black licorice, gumballs or jelly beans. Look for specialty candy items, like dice lollipops, for a unique addition to your Card Night party.
- Get creative and label food items with catchy Card Night related names like, "High Roller Ham Sandwiches," "Crazy 8 Crackers," "Poker Popcorn," "Double Down Doritos," etc.
- Use the Card Night Party Picks to top off hors d'oeuvres so guests can grab them easily.
- Mix up a batch of red party punch to match the Card Night theme and serve it with themed paper cups and embellished straws! Take black and white or red and white striped paper straws and attach a playing card to each. Simply punch a hole on each end of the card and slide it over the straw for a fun way to sip party beverages!
Don't forget to send your guests home with Las Vegas dice themed favors!
Don't gamble on your party theme – a casino or card night party and our unique ideas are a winning combination!