Little Angel Christening and Baptism Themed Reception Ideas
Although baptism and christening reception parties don’t have to be theme parties, how could you resist throwing a “Little Angel” angel party for your little angel? This theme will also complement the occasion’s religious overtones, making it the perfect celebration of the child’s spiritual life.
For a little girl’s baptism or christening, Party Pail’s Little Angel baptism decorations are the perfect pink to offset the roses in her cheeks. Use Little Angel baptism tableware, solid-color plates, cups and napkins and the Little Angel baptism plates for dessert. In addition to the baptism party décor, send your guests the coordinating baptism party announcements.
Now it’s time to add some white to all that pink! If you happen to know someone who collects angel figurines (and you know you do!), enlist their help for the event and borrow their collection. You can also find quite a few angel-themed items at thrift stores and yard sales, especially around Christmastime. Decorate the party area with groupings of figurines, making sure they’re all safely placed where small children can’t reach them. To this, add white cotton/polyfill “clouds” to the table and other horizontal spaces. If you’re lucky enough to find several dozen figurines, you could make quite a statement!
Food for a little angel themed baptism reception can be a lot of fun to think up. So many foods can play off the heavenly theme! Put your halo on and brainstorm, or try these white, angelic foods.
- Puff Pastry: Fluffy bits of puffed pastry filled with ham and cheese will remind your guests of clouds. You can also serve a vegetarian version with cheese and mushrooms.
- Cucumber Tea Sandwiches: Spread slices of high-quality white bread with butter and layer with watercress and thinly sliced cucumbers. Cut the crusts off and slice in half diagonally.
- Ambrosia: This “heavenly” fruit salad combines mandarin oranges, fruit cocktail, walnuts, coconut and miniature marshmallows, making it a delicious side dish that is definitely on-theme.
- Angel-Food Cake: Serve slices of light, airy cake with strawberries, peaches and homemade whipped cream.
- Sparkling Cider: Because alcohol and babies don’t mix well, pour sparkling cider into your guests’ champagne flutes.
For party favors, compile a CD of songs about angels, such as “Johnny Angel,” “Earth Angel,” “Close to You” and “Angel of the Morning.” Play the CD during the party, and send your guests home with a copy as a party favor. Slip the invitation or baptism announcement into the jewel-case covers.
You don’t really need any planned games for a baptism party, but it’s a good idea to have something on hand to keep the kids busy. Set up a table outside and invite them to make halos out of sparkly gold pipe cleaners, party streamers and glitter. As party favors, give them a small New Testament bible or another religious gift, which will remind them that although they attended a fun party, the underlying event was one of great spiritual importance.
These christening and baptism supplies come from a collection of Little Angel Baby Shower
supplies - You can see how this pattern also works well in the baby shower setting.