Our vast selection of Luau party themes feature vibrant colors to help create a tropical scene with intense sunsets, cool beaches, Hawaiian flowers and umbrella drinks! Get your luau party started with lively tropical designs featured on each party theme's plates, cups and napkins and put it into high gear with bold decorations that feature coordinating party supplies like re-usable serving trays, party centerpieces and Hawaiian decorations like weatherproof luau banners and party yard signs!
Tips for Taking Your Friends and Family on a Tropical Vacation with a Hawaiian Luau!
A Luau party is most definitely a fun way to enjoy family and friends in a relaxing atmosphere adorned with colorful Hawaiian party supplies and tropical party decorations! Once you’ve selected your favorite Luau theme and all its coordinating party supplies, we’ve put together a list of party planning suggestions to send your Hawaiian luau into a tropical paradise that will make guests feel as if they are on a mini vacation!
Every Luau Party Needs a Tropical Location!
Of course location is always the key for any theme party, but especially important for a luau theme party. If you don’t have the option of throwing a luau party at or near a beach location, any outdoor garden area or backyard pool is another good choice. Not to worry though, if an outdoor venue can’t be accommodated, an indoor venue can be just as festive with the use of all your Hawaiian theme party decorations and luau supplies!
Guest Attire for a Luau Party!
To make any luau party more festive, ask guests to come dressed in Hawaiian theme clothing. Suggest in the luau party invitations that thrift stores are a great resource to find tropical shirts and Hawaiian style clothing. At the luau party, provide grass skirts, shell necklaces, Hawaiian leis and tropical style sunglasses for guests to wear. If it’s a pool party you are having ask guests to bring a towel and swimsuit!
Serve a Tropical Theme Luau Menu that will Tantalize Your Taste Buds!
Luau parties usually demand a different menu than the usual party scene. We suggest giving your guests a taste of Hawaiian heaven at your tropical party! Here are some of our favorite suggestions to serve at a luau:
- Roast a whole pig in an underground pit
- Mahi Mahi
- Grilled salmon
- Hawaiian chicken
- Fresh hawaiian pineapples
- Tropical fruit salad
- Fried plantain
- Macadamia nuts
Wash all the mouthwatering Hawaiian style recipes down with equally delicious tropical inspired cocktails and non-alcoholic libations. Some recipe ideas to consider for a luau party might include: Plantation Ice Tea, Mai Tai’s, Chi Chi’s, Blue Hawaii’s, Peña Coladas and for the non-alcoholic choices we suggest a few choices of soda, water and lemonade.
Get Your Guests Moving with Fun Activities at a Luau Party
A luau party is already a fun festive scene with all its tropical decorations and Hawaiian party supplies, but adding activities to your event will get the social aspects of your luau party really rolling!
- Hula hoop contest, see who can last the longest!
- Limbo, how low can they go?
- Loudest Hawaiian clothing contest gets a Hawaiian pineapple award!
- Craft: Make your own Hawaiian lei using tropical flowers
- Spear throwing contest
- Tropical theme scavenger hunt
- Henna tattoos and temporary Hawaiian warrior tattoos
Take your Luau Theme Over the Top with Tropical Touches!
Luau party decorations will definitely set the scene for a trip to the tropics at your Hawaiian party and the location of your luau will help dictate what kinds of Hawaiian decorations you might choose to use. We’ve outlined a list of some of our favorite ideas that can be incorporated into any of our colorful Hawaiian luau themes:
- Welcome guests by placing a fresh Hawaiian lei over their heads and saying “Aloha” just like they do on the tropical islands.
- Embellish banquet tables with fishing nets and sea shells over Hawaiian theme tablecovers.
- Wrap the edges of tables in natural grass skirts.
- Fill a plastic kiddie pool up with ice to place all your canned and bottled beverages in.
- Lay a tarp in your yard and bring in a truckload of sand so guests can take their shoes off and dance in the sand to Hawaiian music.
- Hire a Hawaiian band.
- Bring in a hula dancer to give hula lesson.
- Light Hawaiian tiki torches around a patio or along an entry way leading to the luau party.
Photographs Serve as Luau Favors at Your Tropical Vacation!
Instead of purchasing luau favors for guests to take home, we like the idea of sending them home with a photograph inside a Hawaiian style frame that was taken at the luau party. Set up a scenic photo area using a solid blue tablecover as a backdrop, add sand and shells at their feet and miscellaneous Hawaiian party supplies for a memorable photo op scene that guests will cherish for years to come!