Serve Some Old Fashioned Hospitality with a Modern Day Pineapple Party Theme!
The sweet succulent pineapple has long served as a simple sign of hospitality and has been recognized as a warm welcome to dinner guests throughout the history of America since colonial times. The hostess would often place the fruit in the center of the table when guests were invited to dinner as a sign of her hospitality. The sweet, juicy pineapple would be sliced up and served as dessert after the meal. The Pineapple Punch theme party supplies create a fun island inspired party with colorful party decorations boasting images of pineapples, bananas and umbrella drinks!
Go Bananas with Pineapple Punch Decorations and Party Supplies!
- Cover tables with the Pineapple Punch tablecovers and wrap the edges in natural colored grass skirts.
- Set whole pineapples down the middle of your buffet table for a welcoming party centerpiece that will enhance the design in the Pineapple Punch plates, cups, napkins and party decorations.
- Place bunches of ripe bananas around your party room to serve as edible party decorations.
- Candles make nice party decorations for an evening setting and coordinate well with the featured party supplies. Light fruit scented tealights inside glass votives!
- Add bamboo style torch lamps to your entry way or patio area.
Make a Pineapple Palm Tree for an Oasis of Fruit Appetizers!
Supplies needed: 3 pineapples, 6 short wood skewers, sharp knife, silk banana leaves or tropical style artificial foliage
- Using a sharp knife, cut the top and bottom off each pineapple so the ends are flat.
- Cut the cores out of the skin leaving approximately 1 inch of the meat intact. Cube the meat and set aside.
- Evenly space the 3 wood skewers halfway into the top of the pineapple.
- Place the next pineapple on top of the skewers and push it down onto the first one.
- Repeat with 3 more skewers and the third pineapple. You now have your tree trunk.
- Place the hollowed out trunk onto a large serving tray.
- Insert the silk banana leaves or lush foliage into the top of the stack and arrange it to look like a palm tree.
- The palm can be given additional support by piling an oasis of fruit all around its base. Go for lots of color with strawberries, kiwi, bananas, mangos, papaya, watermelon and grapes!
A Pineapple Party calls for an Island Inspired Feast!
Notify guests in your Pineapple Punch party invitations to bring an appetite because their taste buds will be in for a real treat. Prepare an island influenced buffet with Polynesian and Asian flavored dishes that everyone will go bananas over!
Main dish suggestions:
Side Dish suggestions:
Teriyaki beef kabobs
Huli Huli chicken
Chicken long rice
Roasted sweet potato
Wash it all Down with an Umbrella Drink that has a Pineapple Punch!
Plenty of alcoholic and non-alcoholic varieties of pineapple cocktail recipes can be found on the internet. We’ve included one recipe here, but a quick internet search on cocktail recipes will reveal a surplus of island inspired beverages to choose from! Don’t forget to top off your refreshing libation with a colorful drink umbrella!
4 oz vodka
2 oz blueberry schnapps
2 oz pineapple
Pour all ingredients into a shaker. Shake vigorously for a few seconds. Place a scoop of party ice into the pineapple punch party supplies coordinating clear plastic cup and pour cocktail over the ice. Garnish with a colorful piece of fruit and a cocktail umbrella!
Say Mahalo (Thank You) with Pineapple, Bananas and Island Inspired Gifts to Eat!
Guests will feel like they've been on a Carribean vacation when you send them home with island themed souvenirs! Fill a beachcomber hat with banana and pineapple flavored saltwater taffy, banana candies, and a pretty seashell. Or, show a keen sense of your hospitality and send each family home with a party centerpiece: a juicy succulent pineapple with a tag tied to the top that says "Mahalo!"