Sweet 16 Party Planning Tips using Favors
A Sweet Sixteen party celebrates a teenage girlís passage into early adulthood and, as such, is a party that carries a lot of meaning for her. A Sweet Sixteen party is a chance for her to be in the spotlight and shine! Itís a momentous occasion, so celebrate it in style! No birthday party is complete without a creative theme, delicious food and treats, lively entertainment and fabulous Sweet Sixteen party favors to commemorate the occasion!
A gracious hostess never lets the guests go home without a Sweet 16 party favor! Itís their way of saying ďthank youĒ to each guest and to let them know their attendance was appreciated. The options for Sweet 16 party favors are endless, so consider these tips in the early planning stages:
- Review your budget and try and base the favor selection around what you can afford.
- Be original; match the favor to the style and personality of the birthday girl so that it is meaningful to her (while staying within budget, of course!)
- Gauge current trends and fashions in favor selections from other Sweet 16 parties you may have attended, but definitely try to be unique with yours!
- Use the internet to get different ideas you might not have considered on your own.
- The favors donít need to be extravagant or expensive Ė itís really the thought that counts!
- Keep in mind the presentation of the gift, as well as the gift itself, should reflect your intentions.
Personalized Sweet Sixteen party favors are extremely popular because they are an easy and creative way to add your personal stamp to the celebration. You can add inexpensive custom printed labels, personalized ribbon or gift tags to embellish the favor that you choose. If you would rather not personalize each favor, consider a Sweet 16 party favor wrapped inside a pretty box or gift bag and accented with beautiful ribbon and/or tissue paper. By using pretty packaging and taking that extra time to make each Sweet 16 favor look wonderful, your guests will appreciate the presentation and it will make it that much more special, no matter how simple the Sweet Sixteen favor is!
Sweet Sixteen Favor Presentation Ideas:
- One idea that is growing in popularity is to have your favors crafted into breakaway centerpieces. A breakaway centerpiece uses different elements that come apart. Each of the pieces can be given to the guests as their favor to take home. Breakaway centerpieces are usually composed of a set of custom favor boxes that contain gifts for your guests that are placed on a stand and put in the middle of each table. Invite the guests to each take a favor before heading home.
- Hang the Sweet Sixteen favors from each chair. Package each in a gift bag with handles, or find a way to attach ribbon to each favor in order to hang it from the chair.
- Place the Sweet 16 party favors in a basket placed by the door with a note reminding guests to take one before parting.
- Have a Sweet 16 favors tree. This idea works really well with parties scheduled during the Christmas season. If a Christmas tree is out of season, try a potted tree. Make your own Sweet Sixteen favors with glassine bags filled with candy. Punch holes in the bags and string them up with twine around the branches of a tree. Guests can untie the bags at the end of the evening for a sweet memento.
- If you are planning on a sit-down meal with seating arrangements make the favor be part of the table setting. This works especially well if you choose a favor that can serve as a place card holder, such as a small picture frame. The guest can then take the frame home and use it with a favorite personal photo.
PartyPail carries a variety of Sweet Sixteen party favors that will compliment a variety of party themes at budget friendly prices! View our entire selection of Sweet 16 Party Supplies
for a large selection of party supplies and coordinating accessories!