Wild Ideas for Planning a Sweet Safari Baby Boy Shower!
This baby boy shower safari theme will absolutely drive you wild! The Sweet Safari Boy line of baby shower products will give your baby shower an untamed modern-day feel. With Bermuda blue zebra stripes and black and blue leopard print with black accents the Sweet Safari baby boy shower line has proven to be a very popular design. Even though these baby shower supplies emphasize a “wild” theme, our party planners have come up with some sophisticated ideas to inspire some very elegant decorating for a successful baby shower with this brand new Sweet Safari Boy theme.
Set the Table for an Elegant Sweet Safari Boy Shower Three Course Meal
Nothing says elegant more than a sit down 3-course meal served by waiters! Since wild safari animals belong outside, why not throw your Sweet Safari baby boy shower in the backyard? To create an elegant Sweet Safari baby boy shower, we suggest starting with some rectangular tables and placing them in a row to make one large table. If it is going to be a hot day, and you don’t have a shady area to protect guests, we suggest renting a white canopy shade to cover the tables to keep everyone cool and comfortable.
After the tables and canopy are in place, cover the tables using our solid color table covers in Bermuda blue, pastel blue or white. Taking inspiration from the black line in the center of all the Sweet Safari baby shower party supplies, we suggest a solid black table runner which can be handcrafted from either cutting a black table cover into 12” wide strips or if you are able to sew, purchase some inexpensive black fabric from a craft store and sew a white hem-stitch all around the edges.
Wrap up some white tableware in a solid colored black napkin and tie a bow with a zebra print grosgrain ribbon around the middle and place one table ware pack at each place setting. Set each place with the large 10½” Sweet Safari plate (for your main course) and layer a 7” luncheon plate (for your first course) on the top. Add the Sweet Safari cup and you have one elegant table setting ready for some place cards and centerpieces!
For a place card holder we suggest using the Bless Your Heart Photo Coaster
favor available at PartyPail.com. Simply place a blank piece of paper into the little heart shaped photo frame and write in each guests name. After the shower, let each guest take home their special place card memento as a special shower favor!
- Place black and white family photos of several generations framed in shabby chic easel frames and arrange down the center of the table
- Fill medium sized mason jars with vintage buttons (to be used in the Baby Bingo game)
- Blue hydrangea bunches, in clear glass vases
Special Wishes for New Mom and Baby
All safari animals like trees, so why not make a “Wishing Tree” for the new parent-to-be! The idea is to ask guests to write down little words of wisdom and wishes for the new parents and their baby boy, sign their names and hang each handwritten note onto the tree. When the baby shower is over, the mom-to-be can take her “Wishing Tree” home to use for décor in her baby boy’s nursery.
Instructions for creating your tree:
- Start by spray painting a section of bare tree branches in white. Some of the natural wood will be left showing through the white paint, giving it an elegant but “shabby chic” look perfect for a brand new baby boy.
- Insert painted tree branches in a large black flower pot filled with gravel. Cover gravel with soft green moss.
- Cut round shaped note cards from blue colored cardstock that coordinates with the pastel blue in the Sweet Safari supplies and punch a hole in top of each card.
- Place a black satin ribbon through the hole and tie a loop for hanging each “wish” on the tree.
Serve Up an Elegant Baby Shower Menu Guests will Remember
One of the most personal and memorable things about a baby shower can be the food served. Since we have the table all set for an elegant dining experience you might consider borrowing some of your own friends and family members that would not normally be attending the baby shower and ask them to act as your “waiters” at the party. By asking for help in the serving of food you can focus more of your attention in keeping the party running smoothly and making your guest of honor feel extra special. Consider our suggestion for a very simple and easy to serve 3 course meal, or come up with your own customized meal!
- Appetizer: Start with a nice garden salad with an oil dressing and a bread roll.
- Main Course: Follow the salad with a homemade quiche, or keep it really simple by baking up some store bought frozen lasagna.
- Dessert: Follow the main course with some delicious dessert that you baked up yourself or special ordered from your favorite bakery. Cupcakes are the latest trend in dessert choices at parties and can easily be tied into the Sweet Safari Boy theme by taking a plate into your local bakery and asking them to repeat the design into the frosting. For a really elegant looking cupcake, tie some of the zebra print grosgrain ribbon around each cupcake and serve it to each guest on top of one of the Sweet Safari Boy luncheon napkins.
- Drinks: Offer a choice of 2 or 3 drinks such as water, lemonade, or iced tea and have the “waiters” continuously fill up the Sweet Safari boy cups while your guests are eating their meal.
The Gift Table
Set up a separate table specifically for gifts. We suggest covering the gift table with the same solid colored table cover that matches the dining table. You should not need a centerpiece for this table as it will be piled high with wrapped gifts! Place the mom and gift table at the same end of the dining table so that the she can easily open the gifts after the meal while your guests are still seated.
Sweet Safari Baby Shower Games
In keeping with tradition but not overdoing it, we suggest keeping the games to a minimum. One idea that makes the gift opening a fun event for everyone is to play our version of Sweet Safari Baby Bingo while the mom-to-be opens her gifts. Hand craft the bingo boards by handwriting baby items in the squares and have each player use vintage buttons from your table decorations as their markers. While the mom to be is opening her gifts you can call out items such as: “onesie,” “pacifier,” “baby booties,” etc. The key to games at a baby shower are the prizes, so be sure to offer the winner a nice gift, such as a yummy smelling candle and candle holder.
If you like this theme, you should also check out our Wild Safari Blue baby shower decorations
. It, along with many other Safari oriented boy themes are shown in the right column on this page.