Sassy Ideas for Planning a Pink Sweet Safari Baby Girl Shower!
This brand new baby girl shower theme will bring out your inner diva! The Sweet Safari Girl line of baby shower products will give your baby shower an untamed sweet and sassy ingredient: Pink! With candy pink zebra stripes and a classic leopard print all wrapped with fancy black accents, the Sweet Safari girl products have become very popular! These wild animal inspired party supplies will provide a great base for a truly terrific modern-day baby girl shower.
Sweet and Sassy Decorations for a Safari Baby Girl Shower
Nothing says sweet and sassy more than the pink colors featured in the Sweet Safari Girl theme! To create oodles of sweet color at your baby girl shower, we suggest decorating with loads of pink balloons. Balloons create a burst of instant color for very little cost. If it is going to be a nice day, we suggest having your baby shower outdoors. If you don’t have a shady area to set your tables under, we suggest renting a white canopy shade to keep food fresh. Under the canopy, along its frames, try stringing rows of white lights, and single balloons in multiple shades of candy pink, pearl pink, pearl fuschia and pearl ivory with coordinating curling ribbon. If you end up having the party inside, you can still accomplish the same festive look by hanging balloons from your ceiling or onto strings that cascade across your room.
After the food table and canopy is in place, we suggest covering the table using our solid color table covers in black, white or pastel pink. Using solid colors as your base will really make the Sweet Safari Girl products pop on the table! Add some extra pizzazz to the table by purchasing some inexpensive zebra print fabric and cutting it into 12” wide strips for a table runner. If you are able to sew, you can sew a nice white hem-stitch that coordinates with faux stitch located in the center stripe of the Sweet Safari Girl plates.
At one end of the buffet set out your large dinner plates and bundles of utensils. We suggest bundling your utensils together; your guests will have a complete set that is easy to carry. To assemble, simply lay a complete set of utensils (knife, fork and spoon) on top of a solid colored coordinating napkin, wrap the napkin around the utensils and, using a zebra print ribbon, tie the bundle with a bow.
The center of the table deserves some attention and an easy way to accomplish this is by using your dessert item as the centerpiece. The baby shower cake can quickly become the centerpiece by elevating it on top of a sturdy cardboard box draped with some more of the zebra print fabric and a pink feather boa wrapped around the bottom.
The Gift Table
It’s a nice idea to set up a separate table specifically for gifts because the presents themselves add a nice decorating element to the baby shower when stacked high on a table. Covering the gift table with a coordinating solid colored table cover that matches the buffet table will help tie the decorating elements together.
Wisdom and Wishes for the New Mom and Her Sweet Baby Girl
A “Wishing Tree” is a fun gift to give the new parents-to-be. Ask each guest to write down little words of wisdom for the new parents and special wishes for the new baby girl, sign their names to each tag and hang them on the tree. When the baby shower is over, the new mom gets to take her “Wishing Tree” home to use for décor in her brand new baby girl’s nursery.
Instructions for creating the “Wishing Tree:”
- Spray paint a section of bare tree branches in white. You can acquire branches from your craft stores or cut your own. Vine maple tree branches work great for this project by simply stripping all leaves from the branches before painting.
- Insert the painted tree branches in a large flower pot filled with gravel. Cover gravel with soft green moss.
- Cut round shaped note cards from pastel pink cardstock and punch a hole in the top of each card.
- Place a black zebra or leopard print ribbon through the hole and tie a loop for hanging each “wish” on the tree.
Serve Up a Perfectly Pink Baby Shower Menu Guests Will Adore!
One of the most memorable things about a baby shower can be the food served. Since this party is all about sweet pink, wouldn’t it be fun to serve up some matching menu choices? Here are some of our favorite pink menu items:
- Chocolate dipped strawberries
- Sliced watermelon
- Mini bagels smeared with strawberry cream cheese spread
- Smoked salmon on crackers
- Shrimp platter with cocktail sauce
- Strawberry Jell-o salad
- Pink drinks: Pink lemonade, cranberry ginger ale or raspberry sherbet punch
Baby Girl Shower Games
- How Big is Mommy’s Tummy? Be sure to check with the guest of honor to be sure she can humor her temporary “round” shape. If she is up to it you can play the Mommy To Be Tummy Tape Game. Each guest attempts to guess the waist size of the expecting mommy! The person with the most accurate guess wins. Be sure to offer a special prize to the winner!
- The Baby Girl Shower Memory Game: The idea behind this game is to purchase an array of baby girl items and set them on a large tray. Pacifiers, booties, onesies, diaper cream, teething gel, rattles, etc. are all great choices for this game. The tray is held in front of game participants for a period of 30 seconds and after everyone has had a chance to see the items each guest attempts to write down everything from memory. The person who remembers the most items receives a special prize and the mom-to-be gets to take everything home on the tray for her new baby girl!
Think Pink When Purchasing Party Favors!
All guests love party favors and it’s a great way to say “thank you” for attending your Sweet Safari Girl baby shower. We suggest a party favor that is fun and functional like the Pink Heart Candles
, available with a special order customizable tag or fill the Pastel Pink 2” Favor Box
with some melt-in-your-mouth pink buttermints.
This theme has similar design elements as our Wild Safari Pink
baby shower theme. We’ve also highlighted in the right column some other options for you to consider.